Re: inflating flat tires

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, fordnatics@freud.arc.nasa.gov
Subject: Re: inflating flat tires
From: damelio@bedford.progress.COM (Stephen D'Amelio)
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 94 10:16:48 EST

> Since some of us may own cars they can easily double any speed limit I
> know of, be aware of the significant imbalance you may introduce when
> a tire is reapired.  Be sure to balance after before sustained highway
> use (or before going over 125 MPH!)  .

Better yet, get a radial patch. Plugs are really meant to be a
temporary solution. I have used plugs very often when participating
in off-road trips (4x4). The kits are required equipment in my
trail riding club. I can tell you there are good kits and very
poor kits. Don't buy the ones at your local K-Mart. Find an
Auto parts store that sells a superior (and yes, more expensive)
brand. Sorry, I don't have brand names handy.

-Steve