MGB Steering wheel

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB Steering wheel
From: Ron Peterson <ron@vicorp.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 94 14:52:51 EST
>roughly). Now, you want to attempt to twist the wheel about a vertical axis
>that passes through the center of the hub. Pull hard on the left while
>pushing equally hard on the right. Then reverse the force directions. Back
>and forth, back and forth, changing direction every 1 or 2 seconds. You
>might want to tug straight out every so often also. Typically it only takes
>two or three cycles for the wheel to pop off, though your milage may vary

Is there any danger of shearing off the mechanism that locks the steering
wheel in place?  Or am I supposed to block the wheels from the side (in
which case I'd worry about messing up the rack and pinion although that
seems less likely.)

I'll give it a try.  If it works I'll be greatly pleased.  Then I'll be
looking for suggestions on how to make the wheel round and flat again.

       Ron

!* FREE CATALOG of Video, Music, *!             ron@vicorp.com
!* Amiga Software, Stories,      *!                         ___________________
!* Electronics, and FUN! by      *! Mute Punk Pigmies Pick  |Opinions expressed
!* sending email with Subject of *!    Purposeful Paths     | here are my own,
!* CATALOG to ron@vicorp.com     *!Particularly Passionately| not my employers.