RE: Brighter Tailights

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Brighter Tailights
From: DEHAASM@NAPC-1.NAVY.MIL
Date: Fri 7 Jan 94 13:35:56-EDT
   Many people expressed concern that if they use a brighter tail light
that the excess heat will melt the plastic lense.  I agree that this may
be a valid concern.  I have noticed in certain trade magazine advertisments
that there is now on the market an LED cluster lamp that is suppose to
replace regular filament bulbs.  I don't know if these LED bulbs are
brighter than the bulbs they are suppose to replace but they might
be something to look into.  If any one has any info on these please let
us know.  I'd buy them if they work as advertised.  An LED usually
outlasts a filament bulb by many 1000's of hours.

Mark deHaas
dehaasm@napc-1.navy.mil