RE: Stag overheating problem status

To: tlr@macsch.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Stag overheating problem status
From: DANIELS@LMSBV2.TAMU.EDU (Lee Daniels, Texas A&M University)
Date: Fri, 7 Jan 1994 11:01:06 -0600 (CST)
>It showed 200 degrees when my guage was pegged. It turns out the problem
>was a bad voltage stabilizer. the road again...Ted Rose

So, on a Stag, does the voltage stabilizer affect both the temp guage and
the fuel guage as it does on other Triumphs?  I had the same problem on one
of the Gt6s I had many years ago, and not only did the temp guage read
high, but I ran out of fuel when the guage showed 1/4.  :-)  Heh, it took
my mushy brain three or four tank-fulls to figure this out.

This whole voltage stabilizer thing was worked over here several months
ago, and a couple of plans for fixing it or building your own "modern"
version were posted.  You might want to check the archives.

Lee M. Daniels              Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding
daniels@lmsbvx.tamu.edu     Texas A&M University      (409) 845-3726