Re: GT6 Engine Questions

To: mjb@triumph, radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil, toms@sharebase.com
Subject: Re: GT6 Engine Questions
From: khazad!briton!bownes@uu2.psi.com (Robert M. Bownes III)
Date: Tue, 4 Jan 1994 16:36:14 +0500
->As I recall, the TR6 uses a double roller timing chain and the
->GT6 uses a wimpy little single roller.  Seems that there must
->have been a reason for the factory to spend more money on the
->timing chain of the 2.5 liter.
->
->Something to ponder as you consider your GT6 with a big crank...
->

Well, given that my 1147 Spitfire motor uses a double chain, and as far
as I can tell, the same coveras the TR-6 I have, swapping a double
chain to a GT-6 (if it does have a single) should be REALLY easy....

Pondering a GT-6 with a big crank, triple SU's, and mebbe some real rubber...
Now I need to figure out how to replace the RotoFlex's with CV joints....
And make the Diff a quick swap :-}