MGB-GT windshield

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB-GT windshield
From: Kendall Robinson <kendallr@smtplink.chey.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 93 13:06:27 EST
         I took last week off and spent a big chunk of time putting
         the MGB back together.  The windshield, as I expected, was a
         real pain to get in.  It took a few hours of coaxing and
         cursing, but it's done...almost.

         All the manuals and books that I consulted treat the task of
         fitting the chrome finishing strips around the windshield
         gasket as trivial.  It's not a trivial task.

         The questions: does anyone have experience installing the BGT
         windshield?  If so, do you have any tips for fitting those
         damn chrome finishing strips around it?

         Any and all input will be greatly appreciated.

         Kendall