Touch-up (was INTRODUCTION)

To: <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Touch-up (was INTRODUCTION)
From: amace%sedofis@VM1.NYSED.GOV
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 16:35:42 EST
Dave Mackay asks about touch-up with a Q-tip. I have seen in Eastwood catalog a
special kit to touch up and buff out small nicks, etc. Haven't tried them, so I
don't know how well they work. I have had very good success with, of all
things,
the torn off end of a common book match. I was able to make several almost
invisible repairs on my Mayflower (painted an odd metallic red late 50s Rolls
Royce color), including a foot-long scratch. Not a show-quality repair, mind
you, but more than sufficient to fool most observers.

Andy *how oddly appropriate that someone should mention a Mayflower the
day before Thanksgiving -- have a happy one* Mace