Random responses

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Random responses
From: COSTICH_ALAN/HPATC1_01@i3125ent.atl.hp.com
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 93 09:01:00 -0500
Scatterblast!

    The questions about the big bolt on the crank
pulley extension:  I would not use loctite on this
bolt. Itseems to me that there should be a tab washer
on this bolt. If you ever need to get this bolt off
(say to replace the timing chain tensioner). When I
did that on my TR, I seem to remember having a real
battle getting that bolt out.

    Marcus Tooze:  "Practical Classics" is currently
running a series on restoring a Spit. Several years
ago they did a similar series which was later produced
in a book form.

    Dave Lapham:  Yes, I am looking for an arc welder.
Where is it? How much? Please send more specifics. I
think it would round out my shop nicely.

    Someone suggested how to weld panels together to
look like spot welds. Why not just spot weld the panels?
After all, that's how these cars were originally built.
My spot welder is one of the best investments I have
made to date.

     Alex Levinson: British Auto Salvage in ---------, NY
is currently selling rebuilt/restored spridget spring pans.
I sat down to table with Mark V., the owner last Thursday.
He explained how he bought the process from someone in Calif.
I, of course, have no financial interest in BAS. But, I like
Mark and have done business with him in the past. He regularly
advertises "Autoweek" and other mags. I can get more info if
you wish.

     Dennis asks why prices are so spendy in the US. Is this
like a trick question? Could the currency exchange rate have
anything to do with it? Perhaps, capitalism, being what it
is, might have some bearing?

TTFN.

Alan