TR3 resevour and accelelator

To: british-cars@autox.team.net (british cars)
Subject: TR3 resevour and accelelator
From: britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 93 12:34:45 MST
I spent some time digging through my parts bins and studing the different cars I
currently have (1954 TR2LD , 1955 TR2, 1956 TR3, and 1961 TR3A).

Here are my observations on the accelorator linkage and brake resevour bottle.

The accelorator linkage on all of my parts and cars appear to have been painted
black at some time in the past.  Since some of these are most certanly in
still origonal I suspect that the linkages and peddles were painted black.

This is not the case with the TR4 and GT6's.  All of my TR4's and GT6's have
unpainted linckages and peddles.

The resovour bottle on the 1961 TR3A is the only one I have but I believe it is
origonal.  The car was sold in Cal. in 1962 and last licensed in Cal. in 1975 so
I suspect that it is primarlilly origonal.

I took a careful look at the ZS carb set up on the TR3A also.  They are mounted
on the long tube intake manifolds.  I see 2 possiblities.  Based on the late
manufacturing date of this vehicle (one of the last 1000) they may have used the
long manifold and ZS carbs.  Or the origonal owner had the carbs replaced with
TR4 used parts for some reason.  Since the car only has 89K miles on it, it
doesn't seem likly that the carbs were replaced, unless there was an emissions
reason in Cal. to do this.

Were the emmissions restrictions in Cal. in the early 70's that replacing
slightly worn carbs with less slightly worn carbs would have been a benefit?

--

Kevin Spooner
The Sports Works of Greeley

britcars@hpfckjs.fc.hp.com