Inside Engine Block Paintin

To: "Scions of Lucas" <british-cars@autox.team.net>
Subject: Inside Engine Block Paintin
From: "Dave Lapham" <Dave_Lapham@oakqm3.sps.mot.com>
Date: 12 Nov 1993 09:54:28 +0400
                      Inside Engine Block Painting
Robert Keller Writes --

> My 3 Main Bearing engine block appears to be carefully painted
> red thoughout the INSIDE of the crankcase.  Is this MG original,
> or the work of a Previous Owner?

I don't know if that's original, but it's not a bad idea.  I've known
Healey owners who have painted the inside of their engine blocks
(and transmission cases) to speed up oil return.  Also, if my poor
memory serves me correctly, David Vizard also recommends
painting the inside of the block with primer.