Re: Re: engine balancing

To: RadsickT <radsickt@lablink.ple.af.mil>, british-cars@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Re: engine balancing
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 18:31:24 EST
>Oh, One more final note:  I have one of those engine stands from Harbor Freight
>(Big, Orange, Steel, Made in China) and I am wondering if I can safely hang the
> 6-cylinder off of it.  There are a whole bunch of bellhousing to engine bolt
>holes but I am wondering if just 4 of them (the qualtity of support arms on the
> engine stand) will hold up the engine without damaging it.  Any advice?
> Tim "Clueless about this front-engine, water-cooled stuff" Radsick
> P.S. :  Scott, what exactly is this book about?

Hi Tim, I got one of those stands too, and was a bit less than thrilled to
discover that one of the black bracket bolts somehow didn't go through the
thread cutting process. That's right, it's a bolt without a thread. So the
notion struck me of tossing all the bolts and getting some good Grade 5 bolts
to use instead... And no, I don't know yet if my spare GT6 engine will fit
on the stand - it's behind the Porsche engine in the line...

--
---
John R. Lupien