TR6

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6
From: ewcorco@erenj.com
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 93 13:56:06 -0500
        Thanks to everyone for your earlier replies; I think I have enough
information to get myself into a lot more trouble.
        I finally got the carbs working well enough to take the car out
this weekend. I gathered up my courage and was surprised at the pep that it
had as I sped down the hill (VERY BIG) from my house.  As I neared the
halfway point I applied the brakes only to find that the pedal went to the
floor and nothing (as in NOTHING) happened.  Luckily, as I learned, the car
is geared pretty low so between that and the parking brake I was able to
stop the car just before I came to the major intersection at the bottom of
the hill.  The system had worked fine only a week earlier....
        Now the ignition light seems kind of trivial since I'm rebuilding
the master cylinder.  Is that how it works - you forget about all the minor
problems with the car when the major ones take over?
        Any advice on wintering the car?  It will have a small, detached
(unheated) garage for the winter.  My major concern is how the top will do
under these conditions.