Are the inner fenders spot welded to the firewall?

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Are the inner fenders spot welded to the firewall?
From: neil@bcstec.ca.boeing.com (Neil Williams)
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 93 16:20:16 PDT
 I'm about to embark on a project which will be a challenge
to me, namely replacing the inner fenders on my TR6. I bought
a new front clip from the local wrecking yard (they took a
saw and cut across a car through the floor boards in front of
the seats.) My question is:

        Are the inner fenders spot-welded the the bulkhead?

I can't see any dimples and I'm wondering it they are attached
with some sort of seam weld. Maybe some of you out there would
know. I bought a special drill bit for cutting spot welds, but
it won't do me any good if there arn't any spots. Thanks