mixtures

To: sol@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: mixtures
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Mon Dec 14 11:34:44 1992
Re: setting mixtures.

Instead of puchasing an O2 sensor, one can also purchase an exhaust
temperature sender and guage.  this probably will cost equal to or less
than an 02 sensor.

I know several racers who run exhaust temp guages and use them to set
their mixtures.  I believe you want your exhaust temp around 1400deg F.
hotter is too lean, cooler is too rich.

this system works well and guage can also give you advance warning of
carb problems.

Jim.

jfuerstenberg@dcmdc.dla.mil or xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil

"Duct tape is like the Force.  It has a dark side and a light side and holds
the universe together."

Any opinions herein are most certainly not that of my employer.  I am not
authorized to have an opinion.