Re: Totally unbelievable behaviour

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu (SOL)
Subject: Re: Totally unbelievable behaviour
From: tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com (T.J. Higgins)
Date: Tue, 8 Dec 92 8:27:22 CST
Teriann J. Wakeman writes:
> What is this?????  Am I the only person in the group that believes in LBCs
> enough to make them my only form of moterized transpertation????
>
> I drive the Land Rover on weekends and the MGBGT is my commute car. My
> commute is 60+ miles per day that goes over a mountain range. My B has been
> very dependable doing this for over 3 years.
>
> Why do people feel a need to regulate their LBCs to toy status.  They are a
> lot more fun if you drive them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't fall into this category, but there are at least 4 people here
at Ingr who do.  One guy drives a TR3 year round, about a 16-mile trip
up the interstate to the office (his toy car is an AH3000 tri-carb).
There are 2 guys who drive their MGBs daily, and a girl who commutes
in a TR6.  Also, one of the people in our local club commutes in his
TR8 coupe in the summer and winter and his MGA in the spring and
fall.  And I see a red TR7 on my commute every day.  So, there are
still lots of brave souls out there.

The TRULY brave are the ones who have a single LBC as their ONLY
transportation.
--
T.J. Higgins | tj@alpine.b17a.ingr.com | Intergraph Mapping | Huntsville, AL
"If God had meant us to vote, he would have given us candidates." -- Ice-T