bad people strike again

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: bad people strike again
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Thu, 3 Dec 92 12:03:42 -0500
        Well, its a sad end to what I thought was good thing.  I wrote
last week about a GT6 that I had found for 250.00.  It had every part I
need to finish my GT6/spitfire project, plus a lot more others on the
list wanted.  I got to thinking about that 250.00 as it seemed really
low.  Then I thought a little more about the story the guy told me.  He
had said that the car was caught in a divorce blah blah blah and they gave
it to him instead of settling it out.  When I went up with cash in hand
I decided to ask him some questions.  Now, I don't know about most places
in the world, but around here we don't bother transferring titles on parts
cars very often as it just increases the cost.  We generally give the
title to the new owner (signed, not dated).  He didn't have the title
for the car at all, but "he could get it if I wanted badly enough".
I asked who the people were who got the divorce, he couldn't remember etc.
All in all, the guy's story seemed pretty poor.  In a fit of morality,
I decided that the car was probably stolen and I shouldn't buy it.  I
told him I'd give 300.00 (50.00 more) bucks for the car if he could get
the title.  Needless to say, he hasn't gotten it yet.  I don't think
he stole the car, but I think it was stolen at some time and given to
him.  RATS.  If it I ever get the car I'll post it again.

Woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu