Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers: film and tv

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Sunbeam Alpines and Tigers: film and tv
From: mccormac@snowy.qal.berkeley.edu (William McCormack)
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 1992 12:36:29 -0800
Attention film buffs!
My brother and I are assembling a video of movie and tv scenes
which feature Sunbeam Tigers and Alpines.  I'd like to pick
your brains for the names of films or shows that you might
remember that have shots we can use.  We've just begun:  we
have three scenes:  the Alpine chase scene in "Dr. No", a full
episode of "Get Smart" devoted to Maxwell Smart's new Tiger,
and an episode of "Secret Agent" in which a bad guy chases
around Patrick McGoohan in a white series 1 or 2 Alpine.
There are two other clips I am trying to get:  a film with
David Niven driving either a Tiger or Alpine (does anyone
remember this film?) and an episode of Dobie Gillis.  Any
and all info would be gratefully received!

                      Thanks in advance,

                      Bill McCormack
                      ('63 Series III Alpine)