Healey 3000 convertible frame

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Healey 3000 convertible frame
From: William Hartwell Woodruff <woodruff@engin.umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 92 17:08:52 -0500
        I have been working on the convertible roof of my Healey (3000 mk III).
I have a question about the wooden tack rails.  There are five tack rails, the
header piece, one which runs above the side window (on each side), and one which
runs along the back edge of the side window (on each side).  The two which
define
the side window frame do not match up very well on my car.  There is about an
inch step between them.  I would assume that this is is due to a bent or
improperly assemebled roof, except that the parts car I have looks the same.  Is
this normal (I hope not) or is this a failure?

woodruff@caen.engin.umich.edu