Re: "Screw to Win"

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: "Screw to Win"
From: drabik@solaris.gatech.edu (Timothy J. Drabik)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 92 13:23:28 EST
Chris Kantarjiev writes:

> The standard references in the racing world are Carroll Smith's books:
> "Prepare to Win" and "Nuts, Bolts, fasteners and Plumbing" (aka Screw to
>Win).
I have been a Carroll Smith fan ever since I found "Engineer to Win" some
years back.  However this time I think he has crossed the line from recommending
good stuff because it's good to being a paid spokesman for Earl's Plumbing.

Look at the cover of the book.  How many racers do you think plaster their
monocoque with "Earl's" stickers in an area that is covered by bodywork when
the car is together?

Unfortunately, this means I can no longer take what he says at face value.

                Tim