Re: GT6 engine info please

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: GT6 engine info please
From: pjk@mod.dsto.gov.au (Peter Kootsookos)
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 92 11:35:36 CST
=> From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@triumph>
=>
=>There is some discrepency as to when the low-compression TR6 came about, and
=>what the actual power output is for that motor.  Maybe I should have thrown in
=>the specs for 9.5:1 injected TR6 just for fun.

Yeah! Could you please, if you have the information?

I have a 1972 TR6 PI which has what I believe to be one of the last of the
more powerful (150bhp) PI engines (engine # CP77624HE).  The information
you posted above is very interesting, but, as you imply, I believe it only
applies to US-market cars.

I looked up a reprint of the TR5/TR250/TR6 Leyland manual about engine
information, but it says that the last 150bhp engine number was CP77609HE.
It also says that the lower 120bhp engines start at engine # CR....  which
confuses me as to where my engine fits into the scheme of things.

Any light you (i.e. anyone out there in net.land) could shed on this would
be appreciated.

Ciao,

Peter K.