re: SU problem

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: re: SU problem
From: Stan@cup.portal.com
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 92 14:16:09 PST
Adam Frankel asked about his fuel leakage with SU HS2s and a stock Lucas
pump w/regulator.
I have experienced fuel loss through the fuel bowl needle, first using a
stock needle, then when my Grose jet got a little loose.  Of course, the
mileage suffered a lot too.  Something else to check is the fuel bowl vent.
This can clog, leading to various problems, including fuel flowing into the
carb throat.

As this is my first posting here, I suppose an introduction is in order.
I have three LBCs, a '65 Sprite (driven daily), a '67 BGT (keeps the
driveway dry if it rains) and a '51 MGTD I'm restoring.  If I'm really good,
maybe someday my wife will let me have a Lotus 7 too.
  Good luck, Adam!
    Stan Fickes
    (408) 955-7930 x244 at work.