Re: whining noises under acceleration

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: whining noises under acceleration
From: scottv@rpi.edu
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 1992 13:39:08 -0500

        ...the whining noise isn't coming from the passenger seat, is it?
But seriously, although I don't know what the problem is,  I know the
symptom exactly.  I have 2 '76 TR-7's (one still being restored).  The one
on the road experiences exactly what you have described.  I know that it
is not the wheel bearings or Universal Joint (because all these have been`replac

ed).  My dad (also in on the project(s) with me) thinks it might be the
`star ring' on the viscous fan coupling.  This looks kind of like a bearing,
but is just a piece of stamped metal that fits between the coupling and the fan
Does it even have this arrangement?

Vaughan Scott
scottv@rpi.edu

apologies for the typo;  this is not my usual machine.