MGB heater valve

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: MGB heater valve
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Mon, 09 Nov 92 11:43:49 EST
|Date: 11-9-92  11:40am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: MGB heater valve
   Well, I went with the Amco top and got it on most of the way on
Friday and finished it on Sunday.  I'm getting pretty good at top
installation.  I've now done a TR6, midget and MGB.  The B was the
easiest, especially, since it came with the chalk like across the front.

    Now, the question.  I noticed some rough running last Friday and
traced it to a leaking heater valve.  What genius put this right over
the distributor ?  I checked the hose and tightened the clamp, but it
still leaked.  I haven't had a chance to look real closely yet, but I
was wondering if it's usually the whole valve that leaks.  I see there
is a gasket on there.

     Thanks,
       Dean