MGB SPECS

To: BRITISH-CARS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: MGB SPECS
From: John_Ross@Novell.COM
Date: Fri, 06 Nov 92 15:29:00 MST
To: BRITISH CAR

The is an exetcion of a thread I've been on in the AUTOX list. I have 3 MGB
engines I use for my DSP autocrosser MGB they are nubered 18GF 18GJ and
18V.  The Robert Bently manual showes the 18V as having a 1.6" intake valve
where as my 18V only has a 1.5" intake valve the manual from Haynes showes
only a 18GH engine as having the bigger valve and in the MOSS and Victoria
british catalog the 1.6" valves are shown for use on the 18GH engine only.
My problem is the SCCA rules are following the Bently manual so my current
18GV head is illegal.  Does any one have an official Leyland manual which
shows the correct specs?  I seem to need documetary evidence from "the
original manufacturer" showing the specs for each series of engine.

               John Ross
               JROSS@novell.com