electrics

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: electrics
From: gerry@probe.att.com
Date: Fri, 6 Nov 92 16:24 EST
> After I thought that I had everything correct, I used my
> battery charger as a power source in place of the car
> Anyway, sorry I got carried away.  The point is that the
> Battery charger limits the current when fooling around
> with Lucas bits instead of 14 billion amps thru the wires
> with the battery connected.

What I usually do when I work on the electrics, is disconnect the
"hot" cable from the battery and using a piece of 14G wire with
an in-line fuse, I connect the "hot" cable to the battery terminal.
This way if you accidentally short something, the fuse in the 14G
wire will blow and thus save your wiring harness.

I change the fuse, depending on the circuit I am working.

Gerry