Spitfire prices and such

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire prices and such
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 92 10:43:14 -0700
Hey, for $3700 I'd sell you TWO running Spitfires, my '74 autocrosser
and the '77 I need to get tuned up and running.  For some odd reason,
though, the '74 Spitfire 1150 had a new clutch put in before race season,
and now has started slipping badly after only 10,000 miles.  Must be a
defective part ;-)

Speaking of Spitfires and electric cars, check out the latest issue of
"British Car" magazine.  There's a story about an electric Spit in there,
as well as yet another story with photos about the SVRA Triumph weekend
this past summer at Mid Ohio.  Boy, I really should quit thinking about
how much I wanted to go!

And speaking of Peerless and the TR Register, when I attended their 21st
annual international weekend, about half of all the known running cars
were there, all 6 of them!

There was an ad in the Salt lake Tribune for a 67 TR4A with front end
damage for $1,500 - reminds me of The White Car I used to have.  Luckily
I have too many other projects to think about at the moment.  I doubt
I'll have the Killer Spit totally sorted by the SCCA National Tour event
in San Diego sometime in January, though.  So it goes.

mjb.