arnoltbristol and stuff

To: sol@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: arnoltbristol and stuff
From: xgg2356@dcmdc.dla.mil (James Fuerstenberg)
Date: Wed Nov 4 13:03:36 1992
Re: Arnolt Bristol

The cars were built in the 50s by Chicago Industrialist Wacky Arnolt.  the
body is Italian and the engine is the 2 liter straight six also used in the
AC Bristol and BMW328, Frazer Nash/BMW328.  I believe the bodies were built
in Italy and shipped to the U.S. for assembly.

the cars are pretty good looking for the era and were quite competitive for
a short period of time.

Tom Mittler of Mishawaka, Ind vintage races on in SVRA and other events, is
is Blue, with Bill the Cat strapped to the roll bar.

There was a Dark Green one at Oakton Comm. Coll Brit car day in the Chicago
area.

I believe their value is between 50-100,000, but deflation in the car market
may have dropped that figure.

The engines are difficult to get parts for, according to a friend who rebuilt
one in a Frazer Nash BMW328 (built in the UK).

regarding KMWheeler's question.  I am one of the vintage racers on the list.
I race a 67 Mini Cooper S.

Jim