TR6 Manifold / New springs & things

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: TR6 Manifold / New springs & things
From: paisley@cme.nist.gov (Scotty Paisley)
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 92 12:57:52 EST
When I was down at Motorhead (a local Brit place in Va) buying new
wheel cylinders for the TR6 yesterday, I asked the owner about the
purpose for the TR6 manifold coolant line.  He said that it was there
to heat the manifold to prevent icing from occurring inside the
manifold.  I suppose...  At any rate, if this is true, the importance
of the line somewhat small (for me) and I wouldn't hesitate to bypass
it to keep *my* car on the road.  :-)

I also managed to get the car back on the road with the new springs,
shocks, and (grr) wheel cylinders.  It rides like a new car!  Wow!
Amazing!  The springs are a little harder than I would prefer, but
it's amazing.  (Did I say that it was amazing?)  These are the mild
performance springs from TSI.  They are supposed to give stock ride
height.  Funny though, the old springs were the same height as the new
ones, the old coils must have been quite tired.  I guess the extra
coil in the TSI springs makes the difference.  I wouldn't be surprised
if the car height is correct, but it's at least 2 inches higher than
it was.  It looks like it stands up straight instead of slouching like
it did before the transformation.  There is no rear squat on
acceleration too.  I mean none!  It's an amazing difference.  I guess
I have to get new springs for the front now.  $$ka-ching$$ Will it
ever end?  Maybe I should make my list for Santa now.  (I guess I'll
have to be good too.  :-(  Oh well...
---
New shocks and springs are an amazing thing.            -Anonymous

-Scotty