My new B

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: My new B
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Tue, 03 Nov 92 10:34:41 EST
|Date: 11-3-92  10:29am
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@autox.team.net}:INTERNET
|Subj: My new B
   Just when I thought I wasn't going to get a chance for some TDD (Top
down driving) this year, I get a nice sunny day to drive my new B.  I
wasn't too sure about the car right after I bought it.  On Sunday night,
it almost left me at the grocery store and a few places inbtween.  It
would completely die and would start again a random amount of time
later.  First I suspected the fuel pump, but a quick check showed that
it was alright.  I fiddled with the ignition connections each time it
cut out and it finally got me home.  When I got home I cleaned all of
the electrical connections I could find.  At this point, I suspected the
Pirahna ignition box.  It was mounted in a funky way which seemed to
allow a lot of vibration.  So, yesterday, I picked up a new box for
$69.95 and hooked it up.  It hasn't stalled on me yet.
    So, I put the top down and drove it to work today.  If I get a
couple of sunny days in the next few weeks, I should be able to get most
of what I want done to it, i.e. change fluids, filters, etc.

     Dean