Re: E type or XKE? (the definitive answer?)

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Re: E type or XKE? (the definitive answer?)
From: Garry Archer <archer@hsi.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Nov 1992 13:41:09 -0500
Mike Jeffreys writes from the UK:
> ... expression XKE was used instead of E-type. Also the
> US voice over said Jag-waar rather than Jag-u-r.

To this Brit in the States, it will always be an E-Type Jag-you-er.
And if I had one, I would keep it in a "garridge".  :-)

(As opposed to a Yank who keeps his Jag-waarh XKE in a "gerraaahj")

Garry Archer Esq.       archer@hsi.com
3M Health Information Systems,  Wallingford, Connecticut, U.S.A.

"An Englishman never enjoys himself, except for a noble purpose." - A.P.Herbert