Rubber mold release

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu
Subject: Rubber mold release
From: ian@Centric.COM (Ian Macky)
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 92 08:47:51 PST
I use a stiff brush to get it off, which works fine since the rubber is
new and resilient and won't be hurt.  I use my file card's brush for lack
of another choice with the right stiffness...

I think I've seen solvents for mold release in a catalogue somewhere.  Or
*some* mention about how to get the junk off somewhere....  it's a real
vague memory.  I thought it was in the Precision Mfg & Sales catl but nope,
I just looked and they only have rubber lube (for tire mounting).  But I
know I've seen it mentioned somewhere.  Sorry...

BTW PMS is good for motorcycle service tools and eqpt and so on.  I got my
Grabbit from them (for holding splined clutch housing), (800) 237-5947.

--ian