TR-6 Manifold Problem

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-6 Manifold Problem
From: dh0a@Lehigh.EDU (Donald L. Hardy)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1992 08:56:08 EST
The other day I was bopping about in my '74 TR-6, when I noticed a whiff of
engine coolant.  I took her home, and when I stopped, a burst of steam poured
out from under the bonnet.  I left the car running, and checked it out.  I
have a leak where the engine coolant runs in a pipe through the (intake?)
manifold.  I checked out my parts catalog, and this is, apparently) one chunk
of metal in a '74.

Do I need to replace the entire manifold?  Can this one be easily fixed?  I am
pretty new to the Brit car scene, and this is the first time I've had a
problem.  I am fairly eager to get it fixed and get her back on the road.

Thanks.

Donald

Donald L. Hardy                                    Office of Physical Planning
Project Planner                                    Lehigh University
dh0a@lehigh.edu                                    (215) 758 5110

Funny, *MY* family doesn't value bigotry and hatred.