Re: 3M adhesive (Was: TR6 interior misc.)

To: acg@hermes.dlogics.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 3M adhesive (Was: TR6 interior misc.)
From: lupienj@wal.hp.com (John Lupien)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 92 16:05:46 EST
> How about rubber cement? (No, really, I'm serious.) Brushes right on to
> both surfaces, grabs tenaciously after a few minutes.

While rubber cement is OK, it is pretty easy to pull apart. This can be
good or bad. If it's good, then rubber  cement is a very good choice.
If you really want something to stick, though, "Contact Cement" is a
better choice. It's a lot like rubber cement in terms of method of
application and water-proof-ness, but in addition it is quite resilient
and a lot stronger.

--
---
John R. Lupien