Re: Question concerning a spitfire

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, jgj@bbn.com
Subject: Re: Question concerning a spitfire
From: rush@mnementh.Metaphor.COM (Ed Rush)
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 92 11:56:39 PST
> I have a 1979 Triumph Spitfire that I bought this summer.  It ran well for the
> first few weeks and then it developed a problem where the engine would stop
> while I was driving it.  Getting it started after that was next to impossible.
> ... He also seemed to think that my ignition module was the
> reason for the car's stopping while I was driving it.

But after 10 to 15 minutes, it would start like normal, right?  Back when
I had a 1979 Midget (and long before I had heard of SoL), the same thing
happened to me, and I was told that it was the electronic box overheating.
After replacing the box (and emptying my checking account), the problem
disappeared.  This happened a couple of times during the 10 years I owned
the Midget.

  | Ed Rush, not speaking for Metaphor, Mtn. View, CA  |
  |  UUCP: [...!{apple|decwrl}!]metaphor!rush          |
  |  Internet: rush@metaphor.com                       |
  | My Macintosh doesn't go out in the rain.           |