Re: Weekend LBC sightings

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Weekend LBC sightings
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 1992 09:39:13 CDT
Paul (paulg@cme.nist.gov) writes:
> Does anyone know exactly what a shooting brake really is and whether
> this vehicle would fall into this catagory?

I have difficulty picturing it from your description (insufficient coffee
this morning); however, I have been introduced to my uncle's '32 Alvis as
being a shooting brake design. It was what Americans would call a Woody
station wagon. If memory serves, it had the usual proportions of a station
wagon or estate car, though the rear hatch was actually two (right/left)
doors hinged at the outside pillars, delivery-van style. It had windows
in all the usual places, so I don't know what the distinction was, if any,
between a shooting brake and an estate. Whether the rear door style has
anything to do with it, or whether they were all built that way back then,
is unclear.

-- Andy