Re: My car was violated

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My car was violated
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Mon, 05 Oct 1992 11:16:43 CDT
Greg (tobin@neagp.enet.dec.com) writes:
>   This talk about punks stealing gearshift knobs is interesting- I've
> never heard of people stealing knobs-

Indeed they do. Take a close look next time you're at the annual auto show.
Show me a car that still has its shift knob and I'll show you a locked car.

Barely relevant anecdote from Car & Driver of several years back: The author
arranged for a test drive of some super exotic sportster after the last day
of an auto show where it was on display. When the time came to drive it out
of the display hall, the battery was dead. As he and a friend pushed it out
a back door of the loading dock, two kids walked by. One said, "Wow, you got
lucky! All WE got was a Maserati shift knob..."

-- Andy