Re: tires for a midget

To: droms@sol.cs.bucknell.edu
Subject: Re: tires for a midget
From: phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov (Philip J Ethier)
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 92 8:59:46 CDT
>Be careful - at least on Bugeyes, the constraint is clearance between
>the leaf spring and the tire.  I don't think even 155s will clear.

Not a problem on half-elliptic cars.  165s should clear.

>A previous owner ground notches in the springs in my Bugeye,
>presumably to clear larger tires.  Several leaves are now cracked at
>those grind points.  Sigh...

You can buy trick springs for Bugeyes to clear big tires.

Phil Ethier, THE RIGHT LINE, 672 Orleans Street, Saint Paul, MN   55107-2676
h (612) 224-3105  w (612) 298-5324     phile@pwcs.stpaul.gov
"Some of them drive little sports cars" -Jethro Tull