Re: Araldite / Oil

To: Roger_Garnett@cornell.edu, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Araldite / Oil
From: lye@elegans.wustl.edu (John Lye)
Date: Tue, 29 Sep 92 07:30:03 CDT
Roger, et al.

I replied directly, but since there is some interest, I'll reply
to the list.
          Araldite is a British trade name for a two part
epoxy.  I used to use it to embed biological materials for thin
sectioning for examination by transmission electron microscopy.
Its nice stuff, but not really any better than what we have over
here.  We used it because it had slightly different sectioning
properties (brittle vs flexible) than the Epon which had been the
standard material - a mixture of the two worked better than either
alone.

John "ask me the time and I'll tel you how to build a clock*" Lye

*stolen fom Phil E.