Re: Paint hardness/Painting techniques

To: british-cars@hoosier.cs.utah.edu, neilson@mprgate.mpr.ca
Subject: Re: Paint hardness/Painting techniques
From: pwv@tc.fluke.COM (Pat Vilbrandt)
Date: Fri, 25 Sep 92 09:54:08 PDT
>From (Robert Neilson):
> Over the last couple months I have been doing a lot of spraying of small
> parts. I have been using an airbrush - which seems to work great for what
> I am doing (plus the price was right!).
>
> [...]
>  - the temperature in my garage ranges from 15 to 24 degrees,

Just a note for all the rest of you Yanks: as Robert is in Canada, these are
degrees Celcius, not Farenheit.

> I couldn't find the "hammerite" stuff, and the local Acklands (and others)
> gave me these "what are you talking about" looks when I asked.

I've seen Hammerite in a number of local places around the Puget Sound area,
like in a Fred Meyers paint department.  If you ever take a quick trip "south
of the border" into Blaine or Bellingham, you should be able to pick some up
there.

   Pat Vilbrandt       John Fluke Mfg. Co., Inc.        Everett, Washington USA
UUCP: pwv@tc.fluke.COM  or: { uunet, uw-beaver, sun, microsoft }!fluke!pwv
ARPA: fluke!pwv@uw-beaver.ARPA

        "Can't wait until I get the car back into the condition I was
                 going to disassemble it to"
                                                        -TeriAnn J. Wakeman