Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: What is LEFT OFF SIDE
From: "Andrew C. Green" <acg@hermes.dlogics.com>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 1992 09:45:11 CDT
Don Mathis (tdm@akguc.att.com) writes:
> One would think that in England they probably walk on the left of Halls,
> stairs, and aisles. WRONG... I could find no pattern at all. I would say
> they meander randomly. Going through a department store was a trip because
> I would seem to be continuously saying, "Excuse me!"

mmm... I have to disagree with you there, at least for outside sidewalks.
Their department stores have the same getting-around problems as ours, what
with nitwits in front of you who get off the escalator and stop, stuff like
that, but I noticed that they walk on the left in two-way pedestrian flow.
Once I remembered which side to walk on, the only people I bumped into were
Americans.

-- Andy