Re: Re: Parts cars for sale in Oregon

To: cobra@cdc.hp.com, british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Re: Parts cars for sale in Oregon
From: mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 92 15:00:54 EDT
# In message <9208221819.AA07737@snakebyte.cdc.hp.com>,
# Roland Dudley <cobra@cdc.hp.com> writes:

> From: mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com ("Mr. Mike" Passaretti)
>
> Speaking from experience, there may also be some legality
> involved.  I once got a ticket for "Transporting Gasoline in
> a non-DOT approved container".  How a gas tank qualifies as
> that, I don't know, but there it is.  It wasn't a moving
> violation, so I paid it and forgot about it...

roland> Mike,

roland> You could be mistaken about this.  An attorney once
roland> explain the definition of a moving violation to me as
roland> being cited while moving.  Doesn't matter what you
roland> were cited for-- burned out tail light, dirty license
roland> plate or whatever.  It still a moving violation.

I should have been more specific.  It carried no points and
did not count on my driving record for number of violations or
insurance.  It was, technically, a moving violation.  Sheesh,
that's what I get for trying to be succinct.

                                                        - MM

--
passaretti@crd.ge.com           {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!passaret
mrmike@michelotti.ae.ge.com     {whatever}!crdgw1!copernicus!michelotti!mrmike