Mini Floor-boards....

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: Mini Floor-boards....
From: Ian Hobday <comptec90041@camins.Camosun.BC.CA>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 1992 20:08:46 PDT
    Hello all!  As I continue to get the Mini ('79 saloon) roadworthy, I
have another question....The front floorboards have holes in them - they
were patched once already, and whatever was used wasn't right as the
patches have rusted through, but the rest of the floor is fine!  I am
going to grind out the old patches, and weld in some new ones, but what
type of material should I use?  (a friend of mine is going to mig-weld
them into place....)  What should I coat the floors with when I am done?
(both on the top and on the bottom)
    I received one response to my last post suggesting sandblasting
aluminum mags to remove pits from them.  Is this the best way to do it?

Thanks,

ian

  Ian Hobday                         |
  COMPTEC90041@camins.Camosun.BC.CA  |  British Cars:
  Computing Technology,              |     1961 Morris Mini "Woody" Wagon
  Camosun College                    |     1979 Mini Saloon
  Victoria, BC   Canada              |