air compressors

To: british-cars@autox.team.net
Subject: air compressors
From: william sadler <wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1992 09:56:33 -0500
Sears has a 12 gallon 3 HP compressor on sale for $269.  Is this a
good deal?  Is it adequate to paint with?  I looked at the required
specs on some spray guns and only the most expensive one required
3HP and 12 gallons (and someother number that I can't remember).

I also have a filter and some sort of pressure regulator thing
for a compressor still in my garage that the previous owner
left.  (When the Snap-On tool guys came and repossed his air compressor
they forgot it.)  Does anyone know what this is or if I can use it?
It has connections for a hose to a gun on one side and a hose to the
tank on the other.  Coming out the top is a tube going to the PVC
pipes arranged all along the walls.  (These are cracked and don't work
for their intended purpose now).

Thanks

Will
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c
c  _    _   ___    ___           Ceeasaurus!                      c
c | \  / | /   \  /   \  Will    | wsadler@copper.ucs.indiana.edu c
c |  \/  ||   __ |       Sadler  | or will@cica.indiana.edu       c
c |      | \___/  \___/       Bloomington, Indiana                c
c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c c