Re: "Sworking" and a lesson learned

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Re: "Sworking" and a lesson learned
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 15:17:48 -0600
Gosh, maybe my success with Triumphs is due to making the blood sacrifice
while fermenting extracts of malted barley, appeasing all gods at once.
Actually we have put padding on almost all the offending ductwork hanging
too low in the brewery.

What I was really going to mention in this post is compression tests, since
I happened to be thinking about them today for some reason.  One thing I
don't recall seeing mentioned in the various discussion on how to do these
affects those few folks with SU, Hitachi or Stromberg sidedraft carbs.

While running the test, remember that holding the throttle butterfly open
won't do a whole lot of good if the air still can't get past damper piston.
Prop it open with something that won't fall out, and won't fall in.

mjb.