"Sworking" and a lesson learned

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: "Sworking" and a lesson learned
From: "Daren Stone, D2 IE, 5-9521, bpr:237-2322, RN2-C6" <DSTONE@SC9.intel.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 92 08:00:06 PDT
     With the recent string about "sworking" (swearing &
     working) on our brit-cars, it reminded me of a very
     good point driven home very simply, long ago.
          I was discussing with my girlfriend at the time,
     the great satisfaction I derived from working on my
     cars (mostly brit-cars), probably attempting to justify
     the inordinate amounts of time spent in the garage,
     when she asked very simply "If you enjoy working on
     them so much, then how come you are always yelling &
     swearing at them ?"
          Hmmmm. Point *very* well taken, and those simple
     words made a very profound impact on the way I would
     work on cars from there on out. I may still get a
     bit worked up from time to time, but being patient only
     takes a bit more effort than getting mad, and besides,
     it's much more productive.
          Now the loudest things coming out of the garage
     are from Makita and Metallica ....

          cheers-
                 dstone@sc9.intel.com