Help!! no mail!!!

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: Help!! no mail!!!
From: dlp@akguc.att.com
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 92 13:10 EDT
Attention MG Owners:

The New England MG T Register and its officers are circulating letters
protesting the (rumored?) establishment of the MG Car Club of England
in the U.S.  Does anyone know of this.  Is the MGCC indeed trying to
establish Centers here.  Many MG clubs are members of the MGCC, but
as I understand, the MGCC (England) is trying to recruit members
here, and require affiliated clubs to pay $100 per year as
dues. "All of it going to the MGCCNA."

Hum!  It seems to me that there is more yelling and screaming here
than justified if all this is true.  No one can force a club to
belong to another orgainzation.  What is all the yelling about, unless
some particular interest group is scared to death that their power
base will be erroded? (ie. competition).  If anyone on this group knows what
the real story is, and why some people so paronoid, would they
please post it so the rest of us can read it.

Dan L. Philen  att!akgua!dlp
Editor, Southeastern MG T Register.