MGB V8 conversion

To: british-cars@hoosier
Subject: MGB V8 conversion
From: Dean_Zywicki%NIHDCRT.BITNET@CU.NIH.GOV
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 92 15:39:49 EDT
|Date: 4-14-92  3:39pm
|From: Dean Zywicki:dcrt:nih
|  To: {british-cars@hoosier.utah.edu}:INTERNET
|Subj: MGB V8 conversion
    At the Moss on Saturday I saw the guy with the MGB V8 conversion.  I
was asking some questions and he handed me a flyer with some info about
the car on it.  Some of the highlights are:  The engine was a Buick 215
ci. (3500 cc) V8.

   "Different carburetors and manifolds can be used.  I have used a 390
cfm Holly and a 400 cfm Carter AFB.  Transmission is the Rover 5 speed."
He says the MGB overdrive was nearing death so he used the Rover box
instead.  "I have a 10" clutch.  Stock MGB rear with 3.07 gears.  On
the B Roadster, you will have to put torque arms on the rear to stop
body flex.  Exhaust headers from England are a work of art. ($350.00,
$450.00 Stainless).  You can do this conversion on any year car, chrome
or rubber.  I have done a chrome car.  I left the stock cross member and
steering rack in the original position and still prevented any bubble in
the hood.  And all the books said it could not be done.  So, if you
would like to do a conversion, give me a call for parts and/or technical
advice."

    Glenn Towery
    302-734-1243

  It looks like they live in Delaware.  He seemed like a pretty nice guy
and sounds like he's willing to talk to anyone about it.  It sure looked
good and I sure wouldn't mind having one!!!

     Dean