Re: Smiths guages

To: Greg Meythaler <Greg_Meythaler@ccm.hf.intel.com>
Subject: Re: Smiths guages
From: "Chris Kent Kantarjiev" <kent@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 1992 12:30:58 PST
        I think that the Black bezel with orange needle must be from a late
        TR6, as my 1970 TR6 has guages with Black bezels and white needles.

Very interesting. I was extrapolating from my 1970 GT6+. It has had an
ammeter and oil pressure gauge added (only water temp and fuel level
are stock), and I had assumed that they came from a TR6 of similar
vintage. Maybe not, especially since the oil pressure gauge is fed by a
copper tube instead of a flexible nylon tube (soon to be changed to a
braided ss line).