New MGB

To: sfisher@wsl.dec.com
Subject: New MGB
From: cat@buast9.bu.edu (James Howard)
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 92 23:43:25 EST
   Date: Fri, 20 Mar 92 16:24:31 PST
   From: Scott Fisher <sfisher@wsl.dec.com>

   The idea of making a $45,000 MGB is one of the three or four most
   mind-numbingly idiotic things I've ever heard of from the British
   Phlegmsucking Leyland sphincters-with-legs.  It not only misses
   the point of the MG marque by several parsecs, it is philosophically,
   technically, and personally abhorrent to me for a number of reasons.

   The *whole point* of the MG marque, since the 1920s, was that the
   cars were "cheap and cheerful."

etc...

My sentiments, almost.  While MG did have a couple of models in the
thirties that were of the scale and price that this new MG will be
(the K1 Magnette comes to mind), they only sold a few of them.  Their
bread and butter were the cheap cars - the M, J, and P series.  What
Rover needs is a modern day equivalent of the M-type to re-establish
themselves, not a modern K1.

So, why don't we write to the bird-brains at Rover who didn't do their
market research?  Anyone know the address?

James Howard