Interesting weekend.

To: sol
Subject: Interesting weekend.
From: mjb (Mark Bradakis)
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 92 21:27:47 -0700
Maybe I should have videotaped it, as some folks might find it hard to believe.
But on a saturday morning, I actually was awake and out of bed before 8 am!  Now
while that in itself might be worthy of comment, the reason for this odd
behavior
on my part was to wash the Spitfire.

The goal of all this unusual effort was to make the car a bit more presentable
for the annual SLC St. Patrick's day parade.  I and 16 other club members made
it, with a TR7 from another group joing us later.  And our group made the
evening
news, with a few seconds of a rubber bumpered MGB, shamrocks over the headlamps,
appearing in the video coverage of the event.  A fun day.

Today, sunday, once again found me hopping out of bed before 8 am, in
anticipation
of another automotive event, in this case the first autocross of the season.
The
Spitfire did reasonably well, felt great and ran fine with one exception.  I ran
out of gas on the way home.  Luckily, though, I ran out at a rather convenient
spot.  So I coast into the church parking lot on the corner of my street, dash
home and grab a few pints from the 250 (aren't those priming lever fuel pumps
just the ticket?) and was home again with the car and all the stuff intact.
Now that I know the limits the Spit's of gas guage, it won't happen again!

mjb.